Compression to breath ratio: 30 compressions to 2 breaths.
Compressions: 30 Compressions, at least 2 inches in depth at a rate of 100 per minute
Breaths: Tilt Head and Lift Chin. Breaths should be 1 second in length. Just enough to see the chest rise, but no more.
When to call 911: Immediately. Once unresponsiveness is determined send a bystander to call and get the AED and if no one is available, then leave the victim and go call 911 and get the AED.
Steps for Adult CPR:
- - Check the scene for safety
- - Determine Responsiveness
- - Call 911 and get an AED or send someone to do it
- - Expose the victims chest and begin chest compressions. 30 compressions, pressing down at least 2 inches at a rate of 100 per minute
- - Tilt head, pinch nose and give 2 breaths
- - Repeat Compressions and Breaths until AED or EMS arrives